Saturday, October 20, 2012

My favourite technique :)

Hello!
Hope you're having a great weekend so far

While making the guestbook/scrapbook 
I was tempted to use my favourite technique for card making
It's something to do with stamping
colourful and water
And time, i added some shine too :)

Here is one card that i made during valentines using this technique
and i though i could share how i made it :)

LOVe the colours :)

Here is how the finished page looks like
on my guestbook project

Close ups
See the shine and the water colour look
and the mix of fabulous colours!
LOVE IT!


Here is the supplies
You would need 
1. a few colours of dye ink
(I'm using distress inks cause I really lovee the colours)
2. A bottle that spray water
(i usually use tap water, this time I though of adding some shine
Hence i'm using the studio calico mister huey in the shine colour
it's just a glimmer water, add a glittery touch to your project. 
Quite subtle but nice in real life )
3. Your favourite stamp!
( I'm using the tim holtz cling stamp 
from the nature moment collection )



Mount ur stamp onto an acrylic block

Add the darkest colour onto your image first
I just smear direct ink pad to stamp
just be a little careful 

then add the other lighter colours,
also in ascending order or the colour tone
( from darkest to lightest)
this prevent yourself getting the ink pad stained 
i usually have no problem with that :)

then i come back in with the darker colours
to add some touches at the edges of some parts of the flowers
this add a little dimension to the stamped image

now u can see our image is all inked up

take the bottle of spray mist


Mist it about 2-3 times dependng on the size of the image


u can see the ink darkens
and become more watery looking then before
then we are good to stamp

now stamp :)
and you have ur pretty image

i thought could do one that just use all greens in different shades

Hehe this is an example of me misting too much 
becareful if you mist too much water, 
some parts of the ink might flow to other parts
and parts of the image might not stamp clearly
and it might even drip onto your project before you stamp!
(that has happen before to me >< )


well here you go the final product
fun right?
I love mixing the colours up 
and trying different colour combination

Hope you have enjoy this little tutorial
and hope you give it a try
share with me if you do ! 

__________________________________________________


Also want to add
I have signed up for shimelle's neew class called Scrapbook Remix
And so I though I could share my recent paper stash

I was buying so much given that my LSS is having moving out sales
and follow by ware house sales
and all the CHA goodies
I cant resist

So it's time for me to sort out my paper stash before it gets out of control!

I used the cropper hopper divider 
and added some washi tape 
and label by company


Here is part one, some papers sits in between my albums
and somehow 
the comb and hairband just find their way into the hole
haha, kind of a good way to store them too :)
makes me happy when i comb my hair and look at the pretty paper lol


Here is part 2
This rack is from goodwill
a friend of mine RAK it to me
It's really nice of her!
It sits some of my favourite collections 
Beside it sits the container that house all my thickers
and alpha stickers


Love it :) 
And the class starts coming monday.
It's about mixing the pattern papers
and all the fun stuff.
I can't wait :)
Join in if you can :)

___________________________________________

Thanks for stopping by today :)
then next time!

5 comments:

humel said...

Hello, just dropping by from Shimelle's! :) I love this stamping technique - I call it 'watercolour stamping'. Sometimes I mist the paper lightly rather than the stamp, and just breathe on the stamp to reactivate the ink, have you tried that? Love the colours!

Unknown said...

Hi Mel! Thanks for stopping by :) I usually spray onto the stamp directly as I find the image less splotchy :) I like the Slightly watercolour look :) SOmetimes playing with tags, i do spray water onto the tag directly too and it's really fun too to see the different effects :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this technique,
Li Rong! I have always wanted to learn this technique but don't know how. :D greatly appreciated!

Unknown said...

You're welcome! Glad to share!

Unknown said...

Wow! :) when the colourful ink mix together, it will became more nice with water:)