Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Organisational Systems Day 2 - The MINT cart

So, every scrapbooker should have THE mint cart. Joking.
This is my favourite piece of furniture in my house and i love it!

I roll this in and out of the room as and when i need it


A closer look

1st Tier
The first tier gets the embellishments that i always use
also the tools such as my favourite adhesive, and ink pads
and also my blending tool
I throw everything on top as i scrap, so the embellishments got more and more
it's usually the embellishments from the previous project
if it gets too full, i pull out some and put into the donate box


2nd Tier
second tier gets the tools

I have 4 buckets that are super cute
first one get the tools i use often
such as the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher that i use on all projects
Silhouette pick me up tool
scorer, paint brush, paper piercer etc

second bucket holds my Gelatos:)

3rd holds some of the spray mist that i use often
like white, gray, black and blue
also water, glue and stamp cleaner

the fourth one just holds my cropadile and corner chomper

I also have a box that holds my favourite punches 

I love this butterfly punch!
Actually there are 2 other butterfly punches in this basket!
(this is of course not my entire stamp collection! 
it's just those i use often)
Behind the buckets i have 2 long and narrow pink boxes
one holds my favourite washi tape (the neutrals like black, gray, gold and red)
the other holds some favourite ribbons from Dear Lizzy
and recent washi tapes
I change them now and then so that I use up as much supplies as possible :)

The last tier gets the random stuff
I have some squeeze punches from fiskars that cant be squeezed into the second tier hahah
and also a vintage bin that holds random stuff if needed
Also a plastic container behind that holds 2 boxes of wood veneers
and fiskars stamp press, and my most go to product for layering - glassine bags
I also have a mouse pad for stamping and piercing, a self healing mat for cutting
and a pack of vellum for layering 
Because I find that I use on all projects nowadays, so it gets into my cart :)
I also have the Ranger Craft sheet folded inside

What I love about this cart is it can easily hold allll the supplies I love recenly
and I can always change it up
and it rolls to everywhere I want to scrapbook
sometimes I can watch TV with my family as i scrap
Sometimes into the air con room 
And my bedroom is so small 
so having a cart saves space, when i'm sleeping the cart got rolled outside to the living room

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
I have a pinterest board on hold others are using THE TEAL trolley
You can see them here
_____________________________________________________
This week we have a new giveaway. 

My Favorite Things LEAD THE WAY Die-Namics MFT

My Mind's Eye SIMPLY LOVELY Brads Honey The Sweetest Thing



Thanks for all the comments yesterday.
To be entered into this giveaway, leave a comment sharing which is your favorite piece of storage product and if you have this teal trolley, how do you use it to suit your need :) 
Comments will be closed at the end of the month. The winners will be posted 1st October.

Check in tomorrow for more storage ideas i'm sharing :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you're right about how almost every scrapper has their version of teal trolly! But I don't have yet :(
Usually just store all my items into boxes, with categories like stamps in a box, all the stamping items like ink pads, distress stains, mist etc in a box, embellishments in one, stickers in another one etc. :)

Unknown said...

Nice ! I would love to see your scrapbook organization!

CalleLillyCafe said...

Love this cart! It's still on my wish list! Love the blue & all your ideas of storing all on those tiny shelves!

jeanette koh said...

My current fav piece of storage product that I have is also from ikea, but not the teal trolley, it's another kind of trolley that has a plank on top for me to out my silhouette and big shot. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19903476/

I would definitely make full use of the teal trolley cause it is so much more convenient to roll around than my current one. I bought it at the wrong size and now it seems like it's just another storage area without me being able to fully utilize its wheels cause its just so big, and as tall as 2/3 of me. But I really love the plank above the drawers. Haha. (; I think I'd put all the common items that I often use (adhesives, scissors, cutting mat, cutter, washi, etc) into the top row; and other stuff in organised in small containers storing different stamps, die cuts so that I can change the containers easily when I'm doing different projects.

jeanette koh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.